Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Thinking Out Loud, Volume CCCLXXXI

I've heard the stories, and I've sung the songs. I've read the descriptions, and I've daydreamed. Yet, even with all of that, I just can't seem to get a clear mental picture of what Heaven is like. Practically all of us can say we know a little bit about it, but I dare say that none of us can say that we know even a fraction of all there is to know, except that it's a wonderful place. In fact, if I can slightly paraphrase here, "eyes haven't seen, ears haven't heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man all that God has prepared for those who love Him." But...we can speculate, and I'm sure we've all done that too. Can you think of some aspects of Heaven that, in your mind, would be required to make it perfect? Can you think of some things that, if they are missing, would disappoint you? God will be there, and that will make it perfect, but if I correctly understand what I've heard and read, we will also be reunited with our loved ones who have gone on before us, and we'll be able to fellowship with them at our leisure. The subject of that reunion is where I want to spend some time today. With all my heart I believe that I have parents and grandparents, plus a whole host of friends and relatives, too numerous to mention, who will be there to welcome me when my time comes to enter there. To be perfectly honest, when you think of Heaven, don't you, more times than not, spend time thinking of your loved ones whom you expect to see there? And aren't there some who are a little more special to you than others? Don't you believe that reuniting with them will make Heaven just a little bit better for you? I feel like the majority of you have been right with me up to this point in this discussion, but here's where I may be about to lose some of you. We've recently lost a member of our family, causing our hearts to be broken, and it would make us so happy if we could be reunited with her in Heaven, but here's the deal....she's a dog. Although I can't tell you that I've read anything that proves that there will be animals in Heaven, I HAVE read a prophecy that said (paraphrasing again) "the wolf and the lamb will live together, the leopard will lie down with the baby goat, the calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion, and a little child shall lead them." That may take place during the thousand years of peace on earth...I'm not sure, but it gives me hope. We're looking with great anticipation toward that "great reunion day," and there are some dear loved ones we expect to see. It would sure be neat if Marlee would be one of them. Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment