Friday, November 22, 2013

Thinking Out Loud, Volume CDII

Just in case you've ever wondered, I can give you sort of a general idea of what God looks like. All you have to do is just look at me. Now don't get me wrong; I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to tell the two of us apart, but, after all, I WAS created in His image. That tells me there must be at least some sort of likeness....maybe more like a family resemblance. Well, come to think of it, I am His child. Perhaps that's why He's been talking to me so much lately, like any parent would talk to a child. Although I haven't actually heard His voice, His message is coming through loud and clear. Some of what He's said to me has to do with you, but the primary message is that I need an attitude adjustment. You see, here of late I've been getting a little too big for my britches, and it's time for me to be taken down a buttonhole or two. Here's what it's all about: I've seen some of you involved in some things you shouldn't be, and some of you have said some things you didn't need to say, so I started secretly wishing you would get what you deserve and a little calamity would come your way. That's when He started talking, "You know, it's not your place to be the judge of other people." I replied, "But they're doing wrong and getting away with it. It's not fair." His response, "Is that what you want? For Me to be fair?" That's when He started reminding me of some of my mistakes that have gone unpunished, and the list went on and on to the point that I was ashamed to lift my head. He then asked me one more question, "Do you think I've been fair with you?" After that little conversation, it seems like my eyes were opened to some things that I never saw before: The young Dollar Store cashier who didn't even smile at me yesterday just found out that her husband has a girlfriend. The man in that eighteen-wheeler who almost ran me off the road has a wife with a terminal illness, and he's worried what's gonna happen with his kids. My waitress at lunch just received a call telling her she has four days to make a payment on her car or it will be repossessed. I then started trying to recall the excuses I had for my mistakes, and to my dismay, I had none. I just messed up. Period. That made me realize that even on my best days, I don't even come close to deserving the good life I've had. He then spoke one more time, "I just let you see a few people through My eyes. Now maybe you won't be so quick to judge." I think I'm beginning to get a whole new understanding of what he's been telling me. Now when I look at those around me, the judgment is replaced with compassion. But there's something else I see that I've never really noticed before. When I look at you I notice that we sort of look alike. Almost like family. You, me, the cashier at the Dollar Store, the truck driver, the waitress, all of us, and I know why. We were ALL created in His image. He's our Father! We're all His children. That explains why we don't get what we deserve. He loves us too much!! Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment